Do you know much about your saliva? Are you certain about what its purpose is in your mouth or have you never really given it much thought? Today is the day to take a moment to consider why this is an essential part of your oral health and what might happen should you find yourself without a sufficient amount! It might give you a surprising new appreciation for a moist mouth.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you don’t have enough saliva or it’s drying out, we refer to this as dry mouth. This problem may present you a variety of oral health concerns.
- True or False: Your saliva helps you avoid problems like bad breath, tooth decay, gingivitis, and additional hygiene-related concerns.
- True or False: Saliva is present to perform many tasks. It offers protection by neutralizing your mouth’s pH, it helps break down food, and it keeps teeth clean.
- True. You need a moist mouth in order to maintain excellent oral health. Otherwise, you may be facing a variety of issues that can become serious!
- True. Your saliva is quite important to your oral health! In addition to dental hygiene and other forms of protection, this substance offers exceptional safeguarding against problems.
- True. Saliva is a multi-tasker that promotes digestion and keeps your mouth flushed, so bacteria are washed away.
Learn More About Oral Health And How Things Work!
If you have questions about the way your mouth works and how oral health remains safe, always remember to ask! Schedule a visit with our Austin, MN practice today by contacting Potach and Mitchell Dental Clinic today at 507-437-6312 to schedule your care.